[Histonet] Going to Toronto!!!

Barry R Rittman Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Mon Mar 1 10:51:36 CST 2004

George
Here in Houston we have rules that apply if you are going to have your
wife as a critic of a scientific presentation that you are planning to
give:
1.	She should have a cattle prod to indicate times when you are
talking too much.
2.	The presentation should only be rehearsed a maximum of 3 times.
3.	You owe her big!!
(Now I think of it these are rules that my wife instituted).
Good luck on your presentation.
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of George
Cole
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:30 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Going to Toronto!!!

Histonetters,
T  O   R  O  N  T  O  !!!!
            I have received an invitation to present a report on the new
methods of muscle and nerve biopsies that have been sent all over the
place----109 sent so far----at the National Histotechnology Convention
in Toronto next September.  I will look forward to meeting  those of you
who can come to that big get-together. I spoke at the 1978 convention in
San Francisco on silver techniques.  That was a speech-only presentation
before the whole meeting. This time, there will he a lab set up for the
muscle and nerve confab. I'm already putting a video together that will
project on a large screen, and I mean to make most of it live so we can
get down to practical biopsy performance. It will be a good chance to
get acquainted, and to work out practical methods to improve the yield
of information from muscle and nerve biopsy tissues. It will be a three
hour lab. I'm already practicing my presentation on my wife. I've gone
through it 32 times already for her.  My, It'll be nice to present to
folks that don't keep turning the TV up loud while I'm talking.  I have
been reading every message on the Histonet since last July, when I
joined. And I have taken a cue from the messages you fellow techs send
to each other.  I have reduced my total 3 hour presentation down to the
initial letters of every word----you know, like all of you immuno
processing techs  ---it should be just an elegant up-to-the-minute
presentation. But truly folks, I will look forward to doing the best I
can to get some of these methods into public domain for the good of the
patients .I've been having the time of my life communicating with you
folks all over the world. Toronto will be the peek capper to my
histoteching. I  already sleep hovering 14 inches over the
bed.---tension?---  naaaahhh---but  If I can just bring it off in
Toronto, maybe I can look forward to coming in for a landing.------ See
you there, I hope!
            georgecole <@t> ev1.net