[Histonet] Monkey lung question

Jennifer Sipes jengirl1014 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 13:18:52 CDT 2004

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my last question of the day:

A girl in my lab is cryo fixing monkey lung.  The procedure goes as
follows:
          Each lung is sectioned into 9 parts.  Of the total 18 lung
sections, only 5% of them go for cryosectioning.  They are interested in the the
large airways.  She is having a problem with getting decent cuts.  Currently, she
is submerging the small pieces into OCT overnight at 4 C  then mounting them.  Does
anyone happen to have a protocol better than that.  I told her that that was the
incorrest way, but she said that was the protocol she was given.  Please remember that
the rest of the tissue is going for Real Time PCR, RNA extraction, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any information that you folks could give
me.  Thank you for your time.