[Histonet] More about Steven Slap

Jan.Minshew <@t> leica-microsystems.com Jan.Minshew <@t> leica-microsystems.com
Mon Jun 28 17:11:35 CDT 2004

I'm posting this for Cindy Gaspari at Energy Beam Sciences.  If you read
past the obituary, you will see the charities that the family has
designated for contributions. Cindy is also investigating a possible fund
for Jeremy, Steve's son.
We will keep you informed.

Steve's obituary
>>Steven E. Slap, 51, formerly of Amherst, died June 24 at Heritage Hall
Nursing Home in Agawam.
Born Oct. 18, 1952, he was the son of Joseph and Irene (gorsky) Slap.
Mr. Slap moved to the area in 1990 and lived in Amherst for several years
while working on a Ph.D. at the Univ of Massachusetts.
He was employed as a product manager in medical technology, specifically
microwave use at Energy Beam Sciences of Agawam and Hacker Instruments
in New Jersey.
He was a member of the Jewish Community in Amherst.  Besides his parents
of Rolling Hills Estates, Calif., he leaves his fiancee, Lisa Smith of
Lake Pleasant; one son, Jeremy Slap, four step-children, Jenell Miler,
Candice Smith, Anthony Graham and Christopher Graham; and two
grandchildren.
The funeral will be held Monday at 11a.m. at the Jewish Community Center
of Amherst.  Burial will follow in the Jewish Cemetery in Shutesbury.
There are no calling hours.  The Douglass Funeral Service in Amherst is
in charge of arrangements.>>

There are a few errors in the obit but it's basically correct.     Paul
Kenney and I attended the memorial service for Steve this morning.
Contributions can be made in Steve's memory to The Audubon Society or to
The Sierra Club.   I am trying to check and see if an account will be
set up for Jeremy.    He is such a handsome young man - looks ALOT like
Steve.   My heart went out to him.     I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
Cindy
--
Cindy Gaspari