[Histonet] antigen retrieval

Drew Sally A. sa.drew <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 28 08:32:05 CDT 2004

We have two-and really like them.  As to whether they are really better than, say the Nordic ware pressure cooker in the microwave, I really don't know.  We like the fact that we can document maximum temp/pressure-numbers make us feel as though' we can actually track some sort of performance measure...

-----Original Message-----
From: william hewett [mailto:wrhewett <@t> austarnet.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:08 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] antigen retreival

Hi All,
           Has anyone a glorified electric pressure cooker called a decloaking chamber in use in their lab.It is used to apply heat and pressure in a controlled manner to tissue sections to restore antigens before immunohistochemistry stains can commence.Its said to be superior to a microwave pressure cooker by its manufacturers.
                                                           Bill Hewett