[Histonet] RE: [IHCRG] IHC controls

Sebree Linda A. la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:50:47 CDT 2004

Hi Lisa,

We store controls for our more infrequently ordered antibodies in a -20 degree freezer.  Some are currently more than 2 years old and still good.  We also store controls frozen for antigens that lose reactivity in cut sections at R. T.  For frequently ordered antibodies, we store the controls at R. T.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX:  (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Manning [mailto:manningl <@t> inspection.gc.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:22 PM
To: ihcrg <@t> yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IHCRG] IHC controls

Hi,
   I was wondering if anyone has guidelines on storage of cut sections for IHC.  I am accustomed to cutting several controls and using them up within a few months, but lately we have drifted away from some of our less common antibodies and I have already pre-cut the controls.  How long do you store slides? How many months, storage temp, use of dessicants, any CAP guidelines for this??

Thanks in advance, Lisa Manning

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/asSolB/TM