[Histonet] MOHS

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:58:35 CDT 2004

Linda's explanation is brief rather than simplistic:-)
Two common misconceptions are:
1	MOHS is an acronym, and
2	That it is Moh's (it is Mohs').

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebree Linda A. [mailto:la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu]
Sent: 22 June 2004 14:38
To: Gareth Davis; Histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] MOHS

Gareth,

Mohs is named after Dr. Mohs here at the University of Wisconsin  who developed the technique.  It involves taking increasingly deeper shave sections off skin cancer lesions and doing frozen sections on each until a "clear" section is obtained.  This is a simplistic explanation but I think you get the idea.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792