[Histonet] RE: [Microscopy] viaWWW: Lynx processor

Flores, Teresa tflore <@t> lsuhsc.edu
Tue Jun 22 07:50:43 CDT 2004

Jean, our EM Lab has two Lynx processors and even though they are the most
economical really my first choice would be the Sakura EM Processor (costly)
as Sakura has an enclosed processing system where the solutions go into the
tissues in basket and are not processed like the "old spider auto
technicons" such as the Lynx processor. One drawback the Sakura has or maybe
they have corrected by now is the vapors from the osmium are strong so you
would have to purchase a hood or work with it under a hood, which by what
you are telling me you do already. Our lab has had the same experience with
the long 7 hr processing schedule we have for all tissues except needle bx
of kidney, liver and pancreas which we process in 2 hrs, polymerize in 1and
a half hour and can section HRLM (this is mainly for stat cases
transplants)in which the solutions evaporate when processed overnight, but
as long as it is in spurr epoxy when we come in, it is ok as we feel the
other solutions have processed during the night and we begin our processers
at 5pm when processing overnight.
Teresa Flores
LSUHSC
New Orleans, LA