[Histonet] (no subject)

Vijayalakshmi Ananthanarayanan viju <@t> northwestern.edu
Tue Jun 15 10:17:19 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I am a postdoc fellow and I work a lot with formalin fixed paraffin embedded
human prostate specimens.
I am currently working on a DNA oxidation antibody (8-OHdG -mouse
monoclonal) from QED. My problem is that I get an awful lot of background,
which does not disappear with antibody dilutions (this also considerably
weakens the true positives). I use PBS for my washes and the primary is
incubated overnight at RT (as per the company protocols) and the secondary
is the Envision + system from DAKO. I use the ready to use peroxidase and
protein block from DAKO. My negative controls are fine and there is no
staining in them.
Also, I do not have a suitable positive control...
I would like to ask the following questions:
a) Has anyone tried using this antibody?
b) Does anyone know of a suitable positive control?
c) How do I eliminate the background? Is it better to use Tris buffer with
Tween rather than PBS?

Thanks,
Viju.

Dr.Vijayalakshmi Ananthanarayanan M.D.