[Histonet] Quality Control / calibration of scales used in Histology lab

Bill Blank bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Mon Jun 14 10:47:35 CDT 2004

At 8:40 AM -0400 6/14/04, Smallwood, Lorraine wrote:
>Good morning!  I need some guidance as to how other labs are
>performing quality control and/or calibration on the balances and
>weight scales used in other Histology labs.  Can anyone share this
>information with me?  Do you use an analytical balance?

The only scale we use is for weighing gross specimens to the nearest
gm. We use a set of weights from 0.5 gm to 1 kg to calibrate an
electronic balance. We also use a beam balance to balance centrifuge
tubes, but as weight is relative calibration is irrelevant. We do not
use an analytical balance.