[Histonet] Embedding previously frozen brain

S Ladd sladd <@t> hsc.usf.edu
Fri Jun 11 06:58:49 CDT 2004

Why do you want to thaw it if you are putting it in OCT and cryosectioning??
Sharron

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Jo Dee
Fish
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:22 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding previously frozen brain

Hello Netters,
I have a question that came from an investigator at my institute:

Can mouse brain that has been snap frozen in liquid nitrogen (stored
at -80 C degrees) be thawed and embedded in OCT for cryosectioning
without causing excessive damage?  How can this be done?

I appreciate all of your answers and thank you all in advance.

Take care,
Jo Dee

**********

Jo Dee Fish
Research Technologist III
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease

Telephone: (415) 695-3720
Fax: (415) 285-5632
E-mail: jfish <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu

Mailing address: