[Histonet] best Microtomes

Tom Wells Tom_Wells <@t> bcit.ca
Thu Jun 10 18:40:04 CDT 2004

I am the Histology Instructor at the local Institute of Technology. I am
currently in the market for manual microtomes. I have always used Leica
microtomes in the hospital and have been very happy with them. I am not
interested in motorized microtomes since repetative strain injury is not
usually an issue at this stage. What I would like is a solid,
bullet-proof, rotary microtome. These should hold up to years of student
use (abuse). I am replacing some 40 year old AO 820's that are still
working, but, only just barely. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Tom Wells BSc, ART
Instructor
Histology/ Medical Laboratory Sciences