[Histonet] charge for cryostat use

Jill Songer jtsonger <@t> vt.edu
Wed Jun 9 08:52:20 CDT 2004

Hi Histonetters,

We have a cryostat that lives in the histopath lab but we rarely use it.
However it is used by  researchers both within the veterinary school and
other departments on the University campus. we have not charged for the use
of it, but are discussing instituting a charge to cover maintenance/repair
fees. My question is, is anybody out there experiencing the same? Do you
charge and if so, how much? Do you charge per hour or per use? The
researchers use their own slides and blades, so we don't need to charge for
those, but would like to recoup some of the money spent for recent repairs.

Thanks!!

Jill Songer HT (ASCP)
Histopathology Lab
Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital