[Histonet] Re: Microscopic Bubbles...by the hundred

Greg Dobbin dobbin <@t> upei.ca
Tue Jun 8 08:44:34 CDT 2004

From:           	Greg Dobbin <dobbin <@t> ACAD1.CS.UPEI.CA>
To:             	histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject:        	(Fwd) Re: Microscopic Bubbles...by the hundred
Date sent:      	Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:22:12 ADT

From:           	Greg Dobbin <dobbin <@t> ACAD1.CS.UPEI.CA>
To:             	Bruce Abaloz <brucea <@t> unimelb.edu.au>
Subject:        	Re: [Histonet] Microscopic Bubbles........by the hundreds & thousands
Date sent:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:20:47 ADT

Hi Bruce,
This this is just a wild guess, but it sounds like you're up for any
suggestions....
Maybe you need to look to the leaf structure to find the answer to
the bubbles. Maybe the stomas (stomi?) are the source of the
bubbles?? Are you cutting cross-sections of the leaves or planar
(broad surface)? I would think the former would be less apt to have
bubbles if indeed the stomas are the source.
Greg