[Histonet] markers

tbergeron <@t> criver.com tbergeron <@t> criver.com
Mon Jun 7 06:25:31 CDT 2004

We've been using the PathPen for a while and found that they wash off to
some extent up to 80% of the time..  We currently have both Surgipath and
Sakura cassettes in our lab and found this pen washed off both cassettes
but was more apt to come off the Sakura cassettes than the Surgipath.

      We just received a box of StatMark pens from Statlab and will be
testing those starting today.

Tracy E. Bergeron, BS, HT(ASCP)
Histotechician
Charles River Laboratories
Wilmington, MA
978-658-6000
x-1229

|---------+----------------------------------------->
|         |           "Antonia Abeyta"              |
|         |           <ALAbeyta <@t> salud.unm.edu>      |
|         |           Sent by:                      |
|         |           histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouth|
|         |           western.edu                   |
|         |                                         |
|         |                                         |
|         |           06/03/2004 04:04 PM           |
|         |                                         |
|---------+----------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |       To:       <Debbie.Vigil <@t> ahss.org>, <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Histonet] markers                                                                        |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I just recieved a sample PathPen from Pacific Southwest Lab Equipment
Inc.  I ran it through varying concentrations of EtOH and it didn't come
off, it's also supposed to be waterproof.  Their phone #: 866-429-0618.
>From what I understand they are a fairly new company, maybe they would
be willing to send you a sample.  I haven't used it on cassettes, but it
might be worth a shot.

Antonia

Antonia L. Abeyta
Health Sciences Tech. III
Community Environmental Health Program
University of New Mexico
Surge Bldg. Room 140
Albuquerque, NM  87131
(505) 272-4028

>>> "Vigil, Debbie  (CTMC / CTPA)" <Debbie.Vigil <@t> ahss.org> 6/3/2004
1:48:05 PM >>>
We have had a sudden problem with our markers.
All of a sudden the ink is washing off of our cassettes.
We had that problem a while back and found out it was our cassettes.
The surface was too smooth.  But we currently use two different
vendors
for our cassettes.  We have tried several different markers but the
same
thing
is happening.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We have tried secureline, staedtler, and moist mark.

Thank You in advance.

is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable
law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.
reply