[Histonet] Reitculin stain

Kathleen Roberts kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Jun 4 12:53:39 CDT 2004

Granted, I cannot truly say what it is without looking at the slide itself,
but it is likely that what you are seeing is an air bubble that is trapped in
the mounting medium.

If the others concur, try soaking off the coverslip in xylene and remounting
the slide with fresh medium.  If you angle the slide just right in the light,
you should be able to see the bubbles and get them out using light pressure on
the coverslip-don't break the glass or smear your tissue.  If mounting medium
squishes out along the edges, you can clean that up with xylene and a Kimwipe.

Good luck on your practical!
Kathleen Roberts
Principal Lab Technician
Neurotoxicology Labs