[Histonet] Microscope Slide Storage/Database

Kirbis Srebotnik Irena IKirbis <@t> onko-i.si
Fri Jun 4 03:24:32 CDT 2004

we also use the same system as in UK, since the beginning  - 1963!

Irena Kirbis

-----Original Message-----
From: NICK KIRK [mailto:nick.kirk3 <@t> btopenworld.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 9:57 AM
To: Phillip Huff; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Microscope Slide Storage/Database

In the UK the system tends to work by assigning a lab number to each case on
a LIMS and then storing the slides in Lab number numerical order. That way
you just look up the patient record, see the lab number, go to the slide
file and hey presto.
Very simple, very effective, easy to manage.
We routinely discard our slides after 10 years, so storing the slides in
this way makes that task much easier as well.

Nick Kirk
Histopathology
Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Huntingdon
England

Phillip Huff <histophilhuff <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
Could people please describe the different ways that they organize and store
their finished microscope slides? We would like to adopt a new method to
organize, store and also have a computer database of our slides. What
computer programs do people use/recommend for this purpose?

THank you

Phil