[Histonet] TB exposure

Bauer, Karen Bauer.Karen <@t> mayo.edu
Wed Jun 2 12:21:19 CDT 2004

Yep, we are tested yearly.  We've all been negative, and that's nice to
know...

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com [mailto:RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] TB exposure

Karen Bauer recounts the appalling story of a technologist heavily exposed
tuberculosis, and then being refused a tuberculin test.

Sort of like you can't have chlorhexidine germicidal hand wash in the
autopsy
room, because an autopsy room doesn't rate as a high-class handwashing
facility. Ignaz Semmelweis is turning over in his grave.

Surely your hospital requires every employee to have tuberculin tests done
on
a regular basis - it's a JCAHO requirement, for one thing.

-- Holding Steve Slap in the Light --

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN and Gastonia NC