[Histonet] IHC_swine vessels_cross reactivity

Flynn, Evelyn Evelyn.Flynn <@t> childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 1 08:56:20 CDT 2004

Dear Dr. Raghul,
     The rabbit polyclonal antibody against von Willebrand factor (Factor VIII-related antigen;
DAKO Cat. # A0082) cross-reacts with most species except rabbit.  I have tested it with paraffin
sections but not with resin, however.

Sincerely,
Evelyn Flynn

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Dr. Raghul
Sent: Mon 5/31/2004 12:09 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC_swine vessels_cross reactivity

Dear all,

I need to identify macrophages and endothelial cells in resin embedded
pig blood vessels with stent. I couldnt find any specific primary
antibodies against swine macrophages or endothelial cells and has to
rely on cross reactivity pirmarily intended in human tissue. Has any one
tried such cross reactive antibodies in swine tissue or is there
specific ones against pig which ive missed. Please help

 J. Raghul, Scientist -C, sri chithra tirunal institute of medical
 sciences, Trivandrum , India