[Histonet] hard paraffin

Barry R Rittman Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Fri Jul 23 19:01:36 CDT 2004

Ceresin will increase the hardness of the wax.
Barry

	-----Original Message-----
	From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Sarah Jones
	Sent: Wed 7/21/2004 3:06 PM
	To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
	Subject: [Histonet] hard paraffin

	What is the hardest paraffin on the market?  I've found Gold Standard
	Peel-A-Way with a melting point of 62-64 degrees C.  Does anyone have
	any comments about the Gold Standard paraffins?  Years ago, a lab used
	some sort of additive to their paraffin for bone that made the block
	yellow in color.  Does anyone know what that could have been.  I believe
	it was something like picrotin?  Ring any bells?  Thanks, Sarah

	Sarah Jones HT(ASCP)
	Dept. of Vet. Anatomy & Public Health
	Histology Lab
	Texas A&M University