[Histonet] brightfield 3D reconstruction - COMMERCIAL

Glenn Smith gsmith <@t> confocal.com
Thu Jul 22 10:28:32 CDT 2004

Brett,

We have recently released our TISSUEscope instrument for both fluorescence
and brightfield imaging. Software is available with the system for the
optical sectioning you refer to. [Among other places this fall, the
instrument can be seen at the NSH event in Toronto in September - we'll be
there in conjunction with Beecher Instruments].

However, while we have instruments in our lab setup for confocal detection
in both transmission (brightfield) and fluorescence, the default setup for
detection methods in the TISSUEscope is such that the brightfield images are
acquired in a non-confocal way.  I'd be interested in hearing back from you
and others as to the background on this question, usefulness of capability
etc. as we may want to revisit the default setup!

You may also be interested in the first page of an early article on the
subject of confocal transmission imaging that can be seen for free on Nature
at
http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v351/n6327/a
bs/351551a0.html - you'll need a subscription to access the pdf for entire
copy.  We have hardcopy as well if you'd like a copy - pls contact me
offline if that's the case.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn Smith, P.Eng.
519.886.9013 x38
gsmith <@t> confocal.com

Biomedical Photometrics Inc/GeneFocus <www.confocal.com OR
www.GeneFocus.com>
Widefield Confocal Scanning Instruments and Software

Message: 18