[Histonet] endogenous alk phos block and HIER

Amy Porter portera203 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 09:46:27 CDT 2004

Just curious to know what everyone thinks about pretreatments for endogenous products and Heat induced retrieval methods.  Do you do the blocking before the retrieval or after?  I am always worried about effecting the pH treatment from the retrieval if i pretreat for endogenous after retrieval.  On the other hand if I block first and then retrieve, am i re-opening what i just tried to get rid of while retrieving.  I hope this makes sense to someone and opinions would be greatly appreciated.  I know i will get lots of good information, as always - Thanks in advance for all the help.

Amy S.Porter, HT(ASCP)
Michigan State University
Department of Physiology
Division of Human Pathology