[Histonet] radioactive tissue disposal

Dawn Cowie dlcowie <@t> prodigy.net
Tue Jul 13 15:51:41 CDT 2004

hi netters,
Does anyone know of any rules and reg's - CLIA, OSHA etc covering the safe handling and disposal of radioactive sentinel lymph nodes. All I have been able to find are CAP reccomendations. I am writing a policy to cover the handling, storage and disposal of specimens where the patient has been injected with technetium prior to surgery. The half life is 6 hours and they are safe to dispose of after 60 hours. Any suggestions on where to get references would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dawn Cowie  HT
Pensacola Pathologists.