[Histonet] cryostat purchase

Melissa Jans histomjans <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 11:32:13 CDT 2004

Vendors welcome to reply....

We are looking to purchase 2 cryostats.  I have been given a very small window of time in which I must make a decision and purchase.

We are a large laboratory with 3 cryostats right now.  Given current CAP regulations, each cryostat must defrosted, unassembled, decontaminated, and reassembled each week.  This has caused our cryostats to become a little "loose."  I will not mention our current vendor, but will merely say when these cryostats were designed, I do not believe they were ever intended to be taken apart and put back together so frequently.

I am hoping some fellow histonetters will have some vendors and models of recently purchased cryostats.  Important features for our lab include: ease of decontamination - unassembly/assembly (self-decontamination would be great), ease of use (we are a teaching hospital and do not want anything with too many buttons!), quality of sections, movable specimen head, large chamber size (enough room for at least 6-10 freezing stations).  I could go on and on....

Please send any suggestions my way.
I have been looking at the archives.....with minimal success.

Thanks!
Melissa Jans
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics