[Histonet] adhesive tape & MMA Sections

renton louise mrs rentonlf <@t> bru.wits.ac.za
Mon Jul 12 08:44:17 CDT 2004

OK, this is the last time I'm posting this, so if this is version #54, please bear with me, as it seems some sort of gremlin crept into the system.
The question is:

How do I treat MMA sections that are stuck onto common office type sticky tape?
Do I:
a) Stain first & stick onto a slide later -if so what type of adhesive will work best?
b)Stick down first & remove sticky tape ( what solvent to try I'm scared I'll lose the section altogether)
c)Stain, stick down & ignore the sticky tape & mount as usual.

Any & all help will be appreciated (but please don't ask me to consider the Instrumedics system - its not appropriate for this application)

Best regards
Louise Renton
Bone Research Unit
University of the Witwatersrand