[Histonet] Antigen retrieval - Microwave problem

SMITH,REBEKAH FELICIA rockbeki <@t> ufl.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:21:48 CDT 2004

Hi Jaime! I can definitely sympathize. I was having the same
problem with slides I'm using for immunohistochemistry (subbed
with poly-l-lysine, and I put gelatin in the waterbath). What I
ended up doing is taking buffer in a coplin jar (i use 8.5 pH .5M
tris) putting it in the microwave, and measuring the temperature
in the jar every 10 sec. Tedious I know, but it gave me a good
idea of how long it takes to boil and how hot it is when it is
boiling, so I was able to choose a time that was just before the
boiling point. I put my slides in a coplin jar in a small water
bath in the microwave for 45 sec and then repeat emptying and
refilling the water. Good luck!
--
SMITH,REBEKAH FELICIA
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the