[Histonet] Antigen retrieval - Microwave problem

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Thu Jul 8 09:48:33 CDT 2004

Jaimie, surely the heat and humidity in Singapore is such that you could merely hold the slide out of the window for a minute or two. In my visits, my molecules felt loose and wobbly the instant I walked out of Changi airport doors.

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaimie Hoh [mailto:jaimie_hk <@t> yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 08 July 2004 15:36
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Antigen retrieval - Microwave problem

Hi Histonet,

I have a slight problem.

I am perfoming Antigen retrieval using microwave
boiling in Immunocytochemistry.

When I put the slides in the microwave and when the
citrate buffer boils, the specimen comes out from the
slide or it folds.

Does anyone have an alternative to performing Antigen
retrieval using microwave?

thanks,
Jaimie
Research Officer