[Histonet] cryostat sections of undecalcified tissue implants

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Jan 26 14:41:30 CST 2004

Tape transfer but try TC knife first, bone will give you the most problem
but you may survive with a really sharp, new edge. You will have to set the
temperature cold, -28C to -30C usually works.

At 12:17 PM 1/26/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello all
>
>Is it possible to section undecalcified cryostat sections from implants
>(no plastic) from a rat subcutaneous implant animal model.  The implants
>will have possibly new bone and cartilage, not very dense bone, but some
>bone.  Would I need to use a tape transfer system or could I use a
>tungsten knife and be o.k.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Liz
>
>Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)
>Premier Histology Laboratory, LLC
>P.O. Box 18592
>Boulder, Colorado 80308
>Office: (303) 735-5001
>Fax: (303) 735-3540
>lizchlipala <@t> premierhistology.com
>www.premierhistology.com
>
>Ship to Address:
>Premier Histology Laboratory
>University of Colorado
>MCBD, Room A3B40
>Boulder, Colorado 80309
>
>_________________________________
>This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
>CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended
>recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of
>its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in
>error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding,
>printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly
>prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
>purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or
>contact the sender at the number listed above if one is provided.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology