[Histonet] alcian yellow on the nexes

Jennifer Englin JLE <@t> rice.willmar.mn.us
Wed Jan 21 15:23:48 CST 2004

We are having difficulty getting even staining with our Alcian yellow on  nexes.  Our blue is very light and the yellow will start out dark on the top of the slide and fade gradually to faint or almost no staining by the end of the slide.  We have tried both regular slides with gelatin and + slides without  and it doesn't seem to make a difference.  The module is level.

If anyone has this problem or has a solution please let me know.

Thanks,
Jennifer Englin HT(ASCP),PA
Rice Memorial Hospital
Willmar MN