[Histonet] peltier vs. refrigeration cold stage for sliding microtome

Gareth Davis mrsgbd2001 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 11:14:24 CST 2004

About a year ago, the company I worked for bought a sliding microtome and freezing stage from Richard-Allen Scientific.  I was very satisfied with the both the Micon microtome and the freezing stage.  I do remember that Richard-Allen had to had to do a special order on the freezing stage, becuase they didn't keep it in stock, but they were more than helpful with finding it.  I was the stage that had the "cups" on either end to hold the dry ice chips.
Hope this helps.
Gareth Blaeuer Davis
Histotechinican
PathGroup
Nashville, Tennessee

katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu wrote:

Dear Histologists,

I am beginning the process of looking at cold stages for a sliding microtome.
Does anyone have experience or opinions about the usage of peltier stages as
opposed to refrigeration stages? I would also appreciate any information on
which companies have these for sale.

Thank you once again,
Kathy Walters