[Histonet] The range of Histotech duities

George Cole georgecole <@t> ev1.net
Tue Jan 20 11:37:15 CST 2004

Histotechs----
December 31st saw the end of my second year of retirement.  And I am
sending this note out on the Histonet of healthy, admiring and
respectful discombobulation:  You histotechs have leventy seven times
the vocabulary that I had to learn when I started doing histoteching in
1962.  I like very much to listen in on your communicatings back & forth
from my rocking chair with my lap rug on my knees. But I have one
complaint-----what in tarnation is this 83% of your communicating
talking about? Your language keeps jumping  out into the Great Beyond
over  Lillie's and  Masson's hematoxylin,  Bodian srong silver protein
silver and all those dear old standbys that we all knew how to
mix---they didn't work half the time---but we knew how to mix 'em!  Why,
when I opened the pages of my trusty 1933 Gray's Microtomists Formulary
and Guide lately, a moth flew out in a gust of dust and fluttered into
the light fixture, sighed and its poor little wings dissembled. You
younguns don't seem to know it, but you are passing Medical Technicians
on the inner track----passing them by with mentionables so crammed full
of Science, you do to them what they did to us back then---snow 'em!
All of the bibbity bobbity booing going out on the Histonet these days
sounds so impressive, if I wore a hat, I would take it off to you all.
Your anti and uncle bodies, immunos and moleclular mollycoddlin' look
mighty good there coming out of the air on my combined Crystal Set AM
radio and vacuumed tubed computater.  Mind you, I'm not gojng  to throw
out my Ehrlich hematoxylin---some of the original--- mixed ought
'86---19th C,.that is---. A body gets used to those blotchy
green-gray-mud toned nuclei----and what a down-to-earth effect that is!
So go ahead with your Greek mixin's----I'm for the Good Old Days-and
what did we have in those Good Old Days?  Nothing much, but we had the
Good Old Days!!! Now how about puttin' your feet up on the stove railing
next to the cracker barrel and let up for a spell on the Greek---there
must be  something else we can yarn about like---like---well, like
muscle and nerve biopsies----
georgecole <@t> ev1.net