[Histonet] Standalone Dictation System

Regnault, Raoul Raoul.Regnault <@t> interiorhealth.ca
Tue Jan 13 15:22:39 CST 2004

The pathologists here are looking for  a dictation system that allows all
dictation functions to be accessed through a foot pedal. Our current system
has been onsite modified to allow the concurrent use of the foot pedal with
a dictation microphone while they are prosecting. This has the disadvantage
that a switch on the microphone needs to be worked to change from the
dictation mode to transcription mode (and vice versa) to allow review and
editing of the macroscopic dictation. They find this inefficient and
cumbersome.

The pathologists would also like to use a foot pedal and boom microphone
while dictating microscopics instead of a hand microphone.

All stand alone dictating dictating systems seem to expect foot pedals and
headsets to be used for transcription only and handheld microphones only to
be used for dictation. I believe some central and digital systems allow foot
pedal and mic but they are not an option at this time.

Does any one on the list have experience, comments or pointers?

Raoul Regnault
Anatomic Pathology
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital
Trail BC