[Histonet] mouse bile duct epithelium

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> colobio.com
Thu Jan 8 14:24:42 CST 2004

here is my story:
i am trying to label ms bile duct epithelium with mouse anti-mouse
cytokeratin 7 and 19 (sounds odd, but that is what the investigator tells me
it is, not even rat anti-mouse) they tried the anti-human ck7&19 and it did
not cross react with the mouse.  I have the reagents to biotinylate these
ms<ms antibodies but in my experience with these liver samples endogenous
biotin is a huge problem even with the most aggressive A/B blocking.  Is
there another possible rabbit antibody I could use that would label ms bile
duct epithelial cells?  Would factor VIII, cd31, or cd34 stain these cells?
I know that the previous mentioned markers are for endothelial cells but I
am just hoping they might work?????  I have not been able to find any other
say rabbit anti-ms ck7 or ck19 out there, has anyone else.  How about the
new rabbit monoclonals, is anyone making ck7/ck19?  By the way I have frozen
and ffpe bile duct samples, so I can use either.
Please advise.
Patsy Ruegg