[Histonet] Advice on antibody storage

rschoon <@t> email.unc.edu rschoon <@t> email.unc.edu
Fri Feb 27 11:05:02 CST 2004

Ian,

As I work in a research setting there are some antibodies that I may
only use every 6 to 12 months.  I make an estimate of how many slides I
may have to do IHC on per run and then freeze aliquots of the antibody
at -80 oC to do one run.   To date (knock on wood), this has not failed
me yet and some of these antibodies are over 10 years old and I'm
getting comparable results to 10 years ago.  Sometimes better as my
methods have changed.  Once they have been thawed I find that remain
usable for about a month or so.  I allways use them within a month but
it could be that they might last a bit longer.

Time to go as the University is closed due to weather and I need to
shovel some snow....

Regards,
Bob
Robert Schoonhoven