[Histonet] CMC mounting media

Barry R Rittman Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Tue Feb 24 16:05:30 CST 2004

Marilyn
For my information, I hate to appear ignorant but are radulae the teeth
of mollusks? If so do they have calcium or are they primarily chitinous?
I checked on the CMC dye mountant and believe that the stain is an acid
fast stain - a carbol fuchsin.
There is an interesting site that mentions this at

http://www.gladescropcare.com/prvsm.html

Thanks
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
marilyn.johnson <@t> gov.ab.ca
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:27 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CMC mounting media

Hi Histonetters,
I am looking for a "CMC" combined stain/mounting medium. Apparently,
this soln. can be pretinted with acid fuchsin or aniline blue to the
mounting medium. This soln. is required to demonstrate minute radulae.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn Johnson
Alberta Agriculture
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada