[Histonet] artery sectioning

Mark Roper mark1 <@t> roper74.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 07:00:38 CST 2004

Hi Laura

    Another trick to get rid of folds in tricky tissues is float them out on
50% alcohol first.  Place a clean slide on the side of the waterbath and
pour a few ml of 50% alcohol onto it.  Then float the artery section onto
this slide and gently lower it into the waterbath.  I think the alcohol
expands quickly when it hits the warm water - pulling out any creases.

Regards
Mark Roper
CBMS
Histopathology