[Histonet] antibody elution solution

Joanne Mauger MAUGER <@t> email.chop.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:39:02 CST 2004

Linda,
I too would like to buy or make the double stain block myself. A trusted sales rep told me that it is a weak soln. of HCL + methanol. I don't know thw %, but it can't hurt to try. I haven' yet had the chance myself.
Jo

>>> "linda Ross" <labby992000 <@t> yahoo.com> 02/20/04 01:21PM >>>
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a commercially available reagent to elute an antibody complex for a doublestaining procedure?  I am trying to double label two mouse primarys using a MOM kit.  I know that Dako includes a doublestain block in a kit but it is not available by itself.  I also called zymed  and inquired about their doublestain enhancer. The tech rep said that this product does not remove the complex and could not tell me how it works....just that it might help me.  Has anyone used this product before?  Thank you....Linda