[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 3, Issue 6

Glencross Hedley (RW3) CM&MC Manchester Hedley.Glencross <@t> CMMC.nhs.uk
Fri Feb 6 03:04:06 CST 2004

Hi Sandy

I have used tape coverslips in the past for conventional smears, and apart from the annoynace of having to re focus more often, and the propensity of the tape to scratch and lift off, it was acceptable.

With liquid based preparations, there should be little problem with the waviness, as they should be effectively as flat as a histology section.

Given the money and choice though, I would always use glass for cytology. I still think they are optically superior.

I hope this helps

Regards

Hedley Glencross
Manchester Cytology Centre UK
------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:42:34 -0800
From: "Cheasty, Sandra" <SCheasty <@t> ahs.llumc.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Does Tape Coverslipper Work for Cytology Slides?
To: "HistoNet \(E-mail\)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hello again...

The Cytopathologist here heard that the "waviness" of the tape coverslip will cause the cytologists to over-call the Pap smears. (Most of our Paps are Thin Prep)

Does anyone knows of a cytology lab that uses the Sakura Tape coverslipper for paps? I would like to either confirm or dispel this rumor.

Thanks,
Sandy

Confidentiality Note:

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

Message: 4