[Histonet] question/help-Marking ink

Vinnie Della Speranza dellav <@t> musc.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:46:07 CST 2004

Fisher Scientific distributes Tissue Marking dyes from TBS. Dyes may be purchased in a set of five different colors or may be purchased indvidiually. You can reach Fisher at 1-800-640-0640.
Similar dye products  are available from other sources. One is called Davidson Marking System which is another selection of different colored dyes. Someone else on fhis forum will know where to buy. Lastly, some labs have purchased and successfully used tatoo dyes which can be purchased from various sources on the internet. do a google search.

Vinnie

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309
Charleston, SC 29425
Ph: 843-792-6353
fax: 843-792-8974

>>> "Dunn-Jena, Patsy A" <padunnje <@t> iupui.edu> 02/03/04 03:44PM >>>

Normally do Bone work in the laboratory, but recently did some skin for an investigator and wished afterwards that we had marked the cut surface.  Can anybody please give some suggestions on where to locate marking ink?  I would really appreciate it.

Patsy Dunn-Jena, RVT, LAT, HT (ASCP)
Indiana University School of Dentistry
Mineralized Tissue and Histology Research Laboratory
1121 West Michigan Street, Room 238
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-0544
padunnje <@t> iupui.edu