[Histonet] Needle biopsies

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Thu Dec 30 06:01:01 CST 2004

Perhaps you can cut a specified amount such as 50 microns between levels and then xray the block if you do not find the calcifications in the first cut sections. Then you can be sure there are some before you cut through the block. Maybe your pathologists would be agreeable to that?
Good luck!
Joyce

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
GUTIERREZ, JUAN
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 6:22 AM
To: Jim Ball; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Needle biopsies

My personal opinion is: It is always easier to go back and get deeper levels on the block later, than to lose an irreplaceable biopsy by trimming too much into it.  Let the pathologists bitch all they want.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long live free speech!