[Histonet] OJT trained histotechs and CLIA

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Tue Dec 21 12:07:00 CST 2004

Since we are talking about the OJT I have additional food for thought.  What about the CLIA regualtion categorizing histo techs.  I think that it needs to be re evaluated for accuracy.  Now tech are being asked to provide a higher education, computer skills, grossing and all around trouble shooting on higher level  test.  I do not think that the CLIA regulation hold true to what current tech are having to put out.  I know that ASCP send out a questionaire about what our current duties are, but that is not even close to reflect the duties of our Techs.  Anyone Idea on this??

Jesus Ellin