[Histonet] Registry

Histopath histopath <@t> cvm.tamu.edu
Mon Dec 20 18:04:03 CST 2004

Hi Jan,

Passing score on the practical is 400.  I don't know what perfect is
but I received 999 on my practical.  I think is has something to do
with how correct the tissue blocks and slides were to what was asked
for on the practical.  For example, the correct sizes and the complete
structures  being submitted.  If your sizes were 'under limit', then
there might have been deductions.  Then I think the readers start with
this base line number and make deductions according to errors they
might find in staining, fixation, microtomy, water floatation bath
problems, etc.

Anyway, that was the reasoning I was using.

Good Luck,

Rosemary Vollmar
Histo Lab Supervisor
Texas A&M University