[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 13, Issue 21

Julie.Sanders <@t> med.va.gov Julie.Sanders <@t> med.va.gov
Wed Dec 15 07:18:26 CST 2004

Cindy,
We have the Benchmark LT (which means it only holds 20 slides as opposed the
XT which holds 30).  We do all of our immunos during the day and HPV's at
night.  However, if there is enough room, we run them at the same time.  It
really has been a time saver.  Since I am at a VA we rarely have ER/PR so I
can't help you on that.  However, I have found the Benchmark to be a great
instrument and we've had no trouble with it.

Julie Sanders, BA, HT(ASCP)
Supervisor, Anatomic Pathology
VA Medical Center, Cincinnati, Oh.
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:09:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Cindy DuBois <dpahisto <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana Benchmark
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Our lab is considering purchasing a Ventana Benchmark to do both immuno's
and HPV testing (on thin preps).  Has anyone had difficulty with this
machine?  With our volume we would have to do 2 runs a day, one for immunos
- and one for HPV.

I was also told we would begin doing ER/PR also.  Where can I get the most
valuable information regaring ER/PR staining?  Are there any classes
available?

Cindy DuBois, HT ASCP
DELTA PATHOLOGY ASSOC.
STOCKTON CA