[Histonet] Microtomy

Rittman, Barry Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Sat Dec 11 11:50:32 CST 2004

Luis
The American Optical Booklet is very good.
However I would also suggest the more comprehensive book by Steedman.

Section Cutting in Microscopy.  H.F. Steedman. Blackwell Scientific Publications. 1960.

Barry

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Bryan Hewlett

Sent: Sat 12/11/2004 8:25 AM
To: Luis Chiriboga; Histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Microtomy

Luis,

American Optical Scientific Instrument Division used to supply a great
little book called 'The Effective Use and Proper Care of The Microtome' by
Oscar W. Richards. It has all the gory details you're looking for!!
I still use the diagrams in my copy for teaching.
I haven't seen a new copy since the 70's, but you may be able to find one
from a used book supplier.

Bryan