[Histonet] Cryoembedding media comments continued

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:16:04 CST 2004

Dear Paula,

I did not say OCT was THE best, only that it WORKS best for our particular
(hmmm peculiar?) murine tissue work.   I am keeping an open mind and maybe
there will be another that works for me someday.  I know people from other
parts of USA who prefer other brands of cryomedias for their murine work.

At least you do what we do and keep trying other cryomedias.  Also, I think
mfr's should know what has happened in special situations so they are aware
of my problems with their product outside of a clinical situation.  If you
ever find another cryomedia you like, let me know - I'm all for new things
that work well.

Happy holidays

At 04:10 PM 12/8/2004, you wrote:
>O Gayle, I agree about OCT being the best. I have tried all the new ones
>that say they are as good or better and always go back to my bottle of
>OCT. It just infiltrates better, no matter what the tissue.
>

>Paula Pierce, HTL(ASCP)HT
>
>Excalibur Pathology, Inc.
>631 N. Broadway
>Moore, OK 73160