[Histonet] IHC on brain cryosections... help!!

Cath Gorrie c.gorrie <@t> unsw.edu.au
Tue Dec 7 18:07:09 CST 2004

Take two.

Anna,

In general your protocol should work fine. There is nothing that should
cause terrible background, even allowing for inter-user variation.

Some thoughts to consider...

Are you air drying in a clean dust free environment?
Is the "dirt" on the slide away from your section?
How thick are your sections?
Do you gently agitate the sections during washes? - ie place in a jar of
buffer rather than just streaming buffer over the surface.

I agree that the concentrations of your reagents is a possible cause

and I definitely agree that it would be sensible to trial your techniques
with a well defined and robust antibody. GFAP is an ideal choice. This will
give you a better idea of where the source of the problem is.

Regards, Cathy

Catherine Gorrie
School of Medical Sciences
University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW

ph: 02 9385 2462
fax: 02 9385 8016
e-mail: c.gorrie <@t> unsw.edu.au

on 8/12/04 7:28 AM, Anna Elisse Beaudin wrote.......