[Histonet] H and E staining

María Teresa Domínguez marytedo <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:32:33 CST 2004

   Is your Eosin Alcoholic? that is the question...

      I  usually  dip  the  slides  in  95%  alcohol before Eosin,if it's
   alcoholic.

    After    the    eosin,95%alcohol(2    washes)    absulute   alcohol(2
   washes),Xilene(2 washes), mount media as ususal.

   HT. Maria T Dominguez

   Patology Serv.

   H.R.R.G. Rio Grande, Tierra del Fuego

   Argentina.
   <Ian.Ward <@t> nottingham.ac.uk>,       <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   >Subject:  RE:  [Histonet]  H  and  E  staining >Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004
   04:57:50  -0500  > >I would wash after the lithium carbonate. >Is your
   eosin  alcoholic?  I  would make it in 70% alcohol. Then dip slides in
   80%  alcohol  between the lithium and eosin. Then go directly into 95%
   alcohol, absolute, xylene as usual. >Joyce >
   >________________________________ > >From:
   histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Ian Ward >Sent:
   Tue 12/7/2004 4:24 AM >To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu >Subject:
   [Histonet]  H and E staining > > > >Hi all > >I could use some advice,
   I  have been trying to H and E stain some mouse sections of the lungs,
   brain,  spleen,  liver,  kidney,  pancreas  and heart. i have used the
   following  method:-  >Xlylene  5minutes  >Xlylene  5minutes  >100% IMS
   5minutes  >100%  IMS 5minutes >90% IMS 5minutes >70% IMS 5minutes >50%
   IMS  5minutes  >running  tap  water  5minutes  >Filtered  Haematoxylin
   5minutes  >Quick  wash  in  running  tap  water  >Dip 20 times in Acid
   Alcohol  >Quick  wash  in  running  tap  water >Few seconds in Lithium
   Carbonate  >1%  Eosin 5minutes >Quick rince in running tap water >Take
   quickly  though  alcohols to xylene again >Mount > >My problem is that
   for  some  reason very little of the Eosin can be seen on the sections
   when  I  come  to view them. Any ideas? > >Cheers > >Ian > > >Ian Ward
   >Senior  Technician >E Floor >The Medical School >QMC >Nottingham >NG7
   2UH  >Tel:  0115  9249924 Ext 36179 > > >This message has been scanned
   but  we  cannot  guarantee  that it and any >attachments are free from
   viruses  or  other  damaging content: you are >advised to perform your
   own  checks.  Email  communications with the >University of Nottingham
   may    be    monitored    as    permitted   by   UK   legislation.   >
   >Confidentiality  Notice  ** The information contained in this message
   may be privileged and is confidential information intended for the use
   of  the  addressee  listed  above.  If  you  are  neither the intended
   recipient  nor  the  employee or agent responsible for delivering this
   message  to  the  intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
   disclosure,  copying,  distribution  or  the  taking  of any action in
   reliance  on  the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
   If  you  have  received  this communication in error, please notify us
   immediately  by  replying  to  the  message  and deleting it from your
   computer.   >Thank   you.   Saint   Josephs   Health  System,  Inc.  >