[Histonet] static electricity

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Wed Dec 1 17:35:46 CST 2004

Use a dryer sheet to wipe the microtome and yourself and the area around the microtome. This often helps.

Good luck! Joyce
Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-851-7376 - Phone
404-851-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Pereira,
Laurie
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 6:18 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] static electricity

Hey all,

I'm new at Histology and am having a problem with static electricity.  During the winter, everything tends to stick to me.  I've heard that a humidifier works pretty well but our laboratory is pretty large.  Will a humidifier work in such a large space?  Does anyone have any hints on how to deal with the wonders of static electricity?  Any information would be extremely helpful!

Thanks

Frustrated