[Histonet] opioid receptor mol wt

Arvind Pundir arvind <@t> nbrc.res.in
Tue Aug 31 13:36:15 CDT 2004

	Message: 14
	Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:03:38 +0000
	From: Andrew Gray <Andrew.Gray <@t> vcp.monash.edu.au>
	Subject: [Histonet] Re: mol wt of  mu, kappa,delta opiod
receptors
	To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

	Hi Arvind,

	Unfortunately this is not a simple question to answer.   You can
calculate the theoretical MW of the receptor proteins from their amino
acid sequences, but then the party is spoilt by post-traslational
modifications, not to mention the many isoforms/splice variants of
opioid receptors that exist, all of which have different MW's.   Of
course you could look at a paper of a Western blots done to opioid
receptors, being mindful that the receptors tend to dimerise, producing
a second band.   What are your requirements?

	Best wishes,

	Andrew
	(Still a PhD student in opioid receptors)
	\
	  arvind <@t> nbrc.res.in <mailto:arvind <@t> nbrc.res.in>

	Hi andrew,

	thanks for ur suggestions on opioid receptors actually we r
doing immuno on zebrafinch  bird brain sections 40 micron thick we have
got opioid receptors from sigma , but after repeat trials we r not able
to localise opioid receptors in brain sections we have tried with
mu.delta and kappa but non is working till now , we have done western
blot and were able to get two bands nearly 45-49 kd can u tell why there
r two bands there............ can u do me a favour by suggesting some
protocol in detail, i will be thanfull to u for that, if u can pls mail
	arvind <@t> nbrc.res.in <mailto:arvind <@t> nbrc.res.in>

	Arvind Singh Pundir
	N B R C,
	Haryana,