[Histonet] Leica 1850

Horn, Hazel V HornHV <@t> archildrens.org
Mon Aug 23 14:16:06 CDT 2004

I have an 1850 and have had none of these concerns.   Ours has worked
well for us.

Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Arkansas Children's Hospital

Phone - 501.364.4240
Fax - 501.364.3912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 11:48 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica 1850

We had nothing but "chatter" trouble and other cutting concerns with a
new Leica 1850 at the facility we used to work at.  They even had the
rep from Germany in and ended up giving us a new cryostat, same model.
We still had periodic problems with it and have been told that the new
knife holder design for this cryostat has some design flaws!  So, we
went back to an older model knife holder and that kept our cutting
concerns to a minimum..still not perfect!  At the facility I work at
now, they purchased the same model and we have the same problems, mostly
with skin specimens. The tech who works on this cryostat is very good
from a local company and he has given us an older knife holder for this
one, too, and recently found another internal problem that he is
ordering parts for.  I can let you know exactly what that is when he
comes back to fix it.

It is a nice cryostat, but it bothers me why there are so many cutting
concerns with this model???

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will
be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.