[Histonet] decal solution on Immuno. stains

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:21:17 CDT 2004

What are you planning to stain for with IHC?

In research, you have some luxury of time, then EDTA is good 14%
tetrasodium EDTA, pH 7.6 adjusted with acetic acid.  We make this up in
Dulbeccos PBS (Sigma).  Decalcify in refrigerator, although room
temperature is fine.

or buffered formic acid, buy the slower acid decalcifiers that contain
formic acid with either sodium formate or sodium citrate.  Do endpoint
checks to know when decalcification is done.

At 09:53 AM 8/20/2004, you wrote:
>Any suggestions on what type of Decal. solution is good for Immuno. stains?
>
>I will have mouse bones to stain
>
>Thanks
>
>Pedro

Gayle Callis